Monday, November 28, 2016

A Quick Update

for those of you who have been following my Celiac's saga....it's been a couple weeks now that I've had wheat out of my system and I honestly feel pretty amazing.

And this is coming from someone who only got checked out at the urging of family, not that I thought I had any major symptoms of the disease.

Some of the things I have learned so far:

There are a ton of foods you can still eat. Including items that aren't specifically recreated as "gluten free".

Thanksgiving was actually great this year for this reason and it's honestly been the first time in as long as I can remember that I didn't eat a big meal and afterwards immediately feel blah.

You can also still order a fast food cheeseburger, but order it wrapped in lettuce.  We did this over the weekend with Five Guys and it really hit the spot.  With their endless brown bag of fries, I guarantee you will not even miss the bun.

Telling people is still kind of awkward but many are intrigued, yet overly supportive.  I found this at my yoga studio over the weekend.

My biggest challenge right now is upcoming holiday work dinners out with my boss and team. Most things are pre-ordered at Italian restaurants and I don't want to necessarily tell everyone and call attention to myself.

So I'm still figuring out what to do about this.

I'm also cooking a lot more at home now which means lots of good leftovers for work.

Other than that....I'm sad as always how quickly the long weekend flew by.

I'm onto yet another crazy week and even crazier weekend.

Thank goodness for 3 days in a row at the studio. With my schedule this week, I may not make it back to my mat until at least Sunday.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday and let's hope this week goes easy on us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment