Friday, December 9, 2011

Too much to handle?

Despite the economy for many people, a couple of our programs at work are really thriving. We have gotten many, many referrals, which for me, means that I am always busy. I am constantly out doing intakes, and I never stop writing service plans or coordinating client discharges.

It has gotten to the point though where I have so much to do, and not enough time in a week to do everything. Especially writing my service plans.......

My boss wants to have a discussion later today on how we can tackle some of this work.

Obviously, hiring an extra set of hands would be much appreciated, however, that may or may not be an option.

I did email my supervisor that perhaps after the holidays I would be willing to set a couple of weekends aside to just go into the office when no one else is there, to write some of these things.

I don't know though..........that can open me up for some new expectations (and not to mention added stress!) down the road.

I work at a for-profit though, so turning down new cases is really NOT going to be an option.

Assigning some of the work to the other staff *may* be a way to go, but I really don't think my boss wants to travel that route either, because the case managers really have no time for this, nor, have many of them been trained in this area.

Thoughts? Suggestions? A strong drink to send my way?

No comments:

Post a Comment