Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's been a day!

I think this social worker is in need of her OWN social worker!

I had several incidents occur with clients today, one in particular where the person's mother they live with called me up and started the conversation with "I have to tell you something but you cannot tell anyone else............". That's ALWAYS a good sign!

She basically gave me a bunch of information which lead me to believe that my client's life is at risk. When I said I had an obligation to call 911, she told me if I did so, she was going to take the client out their back door which would prevent the police from taking him to the hospital, and never provide me with any information about him again.

The whole agency got involved in this one. We did not end up calling EMS after involving his doctors.

I should go to yoga tonight, but after a difficult class last night and staying up late to watch The Real Housewives of New Jersey...........going to bed early tonight is a much better option. I am going back tommorrow though, I promise!!! To both work and yoga!

1 comment:

  1. For the record I would be ecstatic to have my own case manager or social worker.

    ReplyDelete