Sunday, June 20, 2010

Game of 8 Questions

I am stealing today's post from this blog. I also thought I would tie this in with my Social Work Question of the Week theme for all of you social workers out there for something light for a change !

Game of 8 Questions


What's your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can't be bothered to be adventurous)?

This depends, but my go-to meals tend to be some kind of pasta with tomato sauce, home-made pizza (although I usually buy store-bought dough!), and lately, we've been grilling burgers a lot.


What do you want to be when you grow up?

I have been working in the human services field since 1998. It's my dream to open up a coffee shop/yoga/music space/community resource center/housing program.


What book are you reading at the moment (if any)?

Ugh, I planned to hit up the library this weekend but just never got around to it. I've had The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold sitting on my nightstand forever it seems, but between working F/T, chasing a toddler around, housework and 90 minute 8PM yoga classes 2-3x a week, I really have been slacking on the reading. Being able to read a book a week is probably one of the biggest things I miss from when I used to commute by train to work in the city every day.


How do you relax?


I waste way too much time on the computer each day. I enjoy reading blogs of people who I tend to find are much more interesting than me (LOL) and I also frequent several message boards. I have also been practicing hot yoga since February and I have to say I am becoming mildly addicted.

What colour are the interior walls of your home?

Multiple colors LOL. We bought our house a couple years ago and we are still in the process of going room by room to fix it up. Since we are paying for everything out of pocket instead of taking out loans, DH working a ton of hours, and with an 18-month old, even painting has taken a lot longer than we have planned. Anyways, starting with our living room/hallway/stairway to our bedroom on the top floor, that color is a bland light green leftover from the previous owners. Moving along to the kitchen, there's a really tacky pink and green floral wall-paper that I can't wait to tear down.

My son's room is a nice forest green color and then he has chair rails and underneath that, it's painted cream. His playroom is a brightish-orange on top, with chair rails and cream underneath.

Our master bedroom walls are painted lavender. I love it up there!

The bathroom is painted peach with white tiles.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?

ICE CREAM!! I must confess I eat it at least once a day.


What time is bed time and getting up time?


Bed time these days is anywhere from 8PM-midnight depending on the day of the week, my level of exhaustion and whether or not I am taking an evening yoga class. I get up in the morning usually when my son wakes up, which could be anywhere from 4:00AM to 6:30AM. (Although 6:30 is very rare. He usually doesn't sleep past 5:30AM).


How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?

Too. Many. Hours.

----------------------
extra credit:
*what is your favorite movie? I'm not sure what my favorite movie is, but I love cheesy and girly movies. Anything from Legally Blonde to old school Lifetime movies to Sex and the City (although I haven't seen the new SATC yet!).

*tell me something embarrassing about yourself. I have this constant habit of grinding my right side jaw. I often don't realize I am doing it and make a really strange face and then sometimes think people are starring at me.

*What really gets on your nerves? People who always compare themselves to others, those who feel like they are entitled to certain things in life and just others who gossip and put others down in general.

1 comment:

  1. The Lovely Bones is an great book. I hope you get to it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete