Sunday, May 30, 2010

Social work question of the week

It's that time already............although I think most of us are fortunate and enjoying a long weekend. I am going to post a question for you based on some "stuff" going on at work right now:

What kind of issues have to be going on at your job to make you start applying elsewhere?


I am happy where I am----trust me. This is just a question I am raising based on some comments voiced by a few of my co-workers.

As for me, I am always looking and I keep a running "file" on my computer noting agencies that look interesting to me because you never know when you may need to apply elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... to answer you question, read my most recent post. :). The fact that three of my coworkers have gotten fired in the last three months has made me realize how fragile my job is. I'm also trying to keep a running tab on other jobs in the region.

    I like your blog, by the way! I'm glad you found me so I can find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, I am glad you found me too :D. For me, it's taking longer than anticipated to get a new program off the ground at work. Because of that, I do not have a lot of clients or work to do. My supervisor always says "don't worry about it" but I DO work for a FOR-PROFIT first and foremost where the bottom line is to make $$$$$ so it's always on my mind that they could technically turn around and say peace out at anytime, especially if this new program doesn't start soon...........

    ReplyDelete