Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ready for Wednesday

It's been a long week already and it's only Tuesday.

Yesterday I had an incident with a client who has 1:1 supervision at all times. He decided to leave with a "man in a van" to "go work". When the aide called the supervisor, she was able to reach him on his cell phone and he told her that "I" gave him permission to do this.

My co-workers were joking around that I have the power to get my clients to go back to work!

Seriously though, I *love* how the first thing he did was blame me when he realized he made a wrong decision.

We are actually having a team meeting with him tommorrow (was planned before this incident occurred) so it should be interesting to see how he justifies running away from the staff, or if he will own up to it.

I actually have submitted a request to have some of his constant oversight reduced so he can get some alone time, which has been his request for awhile. I wonder though if he is afraid and this is also his way of sabotaging his freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment