Tuesday, April 13, 2010

FORD=Found On Road Dead!

This is the second week in a row I've had issues with my car.

I drive a tiny 2003 Ford Focus that has close to 90,000 miles. My husband and I have talked a lot about getting me a new car, however, neither one of us are crazy about the idea of adding a car payment into our budget right now.

My car for the most part works well, gets me from point A to point B, is excellent on gas, and the fact that I drive so much for work----I don't want to put a ton of miles on a NEW car that I am just going to be driving so much.

Even the idea of spending money on a new "used" car causes me a lot of stress.


So we have continued to delay this kind of big purchase.

Anyways, I was at a light earlier today when my car started to shake. The engine light then came on. I finished doing what I was doing, and being relatively close to home, drove back to the mechanic I was at just last week.

He told me that I had had a "misfire". And that basically my 4 cylinder engine was only operating on 3 cylinders. He said it's a pretty simple repair. I am just hoping it doesn't end up to be more than that as well as being an EXPENSIVE repair.

We have a lot to think about financially in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment