Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Quick update

If you follow me on Twitter, you probably already know that we sustained flooding and wind damage to our home from Hurricane Sandy. We are not currently living there but staying with our inlaws.


What we went into almost jokingly, turned out to be the scariest day of my life so far. And I say this after being in Manhattan on 9/11. It happened so freakin' fast. Water coming out of nowhere. It truly was like a tsunami that I had only seen on tv.

Right now we are just taking it day by day.

I had my neighbors in my home during the severest part of the storm and I saw first hand people needing to be rescued because panic mode set in. I was easily almost one of them, but thankfully, my neighbors and husband kept me grounded.

While I have not been able to get in touch with anyone live at my insurance company, I was able to speak with FEMA today. My husband was at our home earlier and said FEMA is already coming around to people who applied yesterday.

I went into work today and my co-workers were shocked I came in.

What else could I do though? It is what it is and things are way beyond my control.

I used to live in one of the areas most devastated by the storm and many of our neighbors have lost everything.

It could really be 1000x worse.

I don't know if we will get any assistance financially for our losses but I am remaining hopeful and positive.

I have truly learned that is all that really matters in times like this.

That and having life!

3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine what this week has been like for you, your family, and neighbors. I'm thinking of you all as you put the pieces back together. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that when I try to come to your blog to comment I get a warning that your blog contains content connected to "hotgirlyoga.com" (something close to that) which contains malware. SO you might want to check your links etc.

    Hope you and your family are ok post Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so happy that you and your family is safe, that must have been the most terrifying thing to experience. (But serious, you are an amazing person to give refuge to your neighbors during that storm, there are so many heartbreaking stories that have come out of this.) I hope you have your power back on and that you're safe and warm, I am so glad that you guys are safe!

    (I would have to agree with what Nectarine up above said, I've been having trouble visiting your site since my virus program keeps blocking it, saying that there might be malware.)

    ReplyDelete