Saturday, March 27, 2010

Termination with clients who are a liability to us as social workers

I know that for many social workers, they do not have this option. However, I think this is where things are headed with the client I mentioned before. We do have this option through our program/agency. I will make the appropriate referrals for her obviously (i.e. adult protective services, perhaps an intensive case manager), however, she is just becoming way too much of a risk to our agency.

I won't go into the nitty gritty details of what happened with her yesterday, however, we are planning to have a meeting with her in the upcoming week to inform her that if she does not consider going back on psychotropics, and if she does not make a committment to her services, we will no longer service her. End of story.

I feel like it's almost to the point where I've done everything I could do to help her, now she needs to start doing some things to help herself.

She does have the right to make bad decisions and I cannot force her to do what I would ultimately think is best for her.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to post in your comment section with a completely random comment but my contractions are 6 mins apart!! I'm on for an April fools baby lol x

    ReplyDelete