Monday, December 21, 2015

Setting goals

It's been a bad month for making a solid committment to class, but when I do go, I have some pretty clear revelations that come from the yoga, as I mentioned in my last post.

Yesterday was no different and my mind kept drifting to ways to make my goals a reality in 2016.

After I left the studio, I sat in my Jeep for a few minutes and wrote the following:

Do some no spend months/or at least no spend weekends.

Meal plans every time before shopping!

Cook the week's meals on Sunday.

Only use a certain (spending money) account for all spending money. The other is ONLY for bills and the rest goes in savings.

Only use gift cards I receive to by new items like clothes.

Do not buy more clothes!

No eating out!! (Or realistically....limit....and plan for eating out).

Do more yoga!!! (At home counts too....).

I also wanted to add a daily exercise goal of 30 minutes doing anything, but that seems pretty lofty....

Have you noticed a trend on areas I need to greatly improve in 2016?

I've read many times that writing out goals is the way to help meet them so that's what this entry is all about.

And I have no doubt I will need to revisit it again and maybe even revise it.

I did make a meal plan for this week last night though and I am planning to re-sign up for a 30-day at home yoga challenge.

I would like to go to at least one yoga class this week, but with all the holiday and work craziness going on, I'm not going to pressure myself. If it happens, it happens.  Otherwise, onward to next week!!

Do you have any goals for 2016?

What strategies do you plan to use to be successful in meeting them?

No comments:

Post a Comment