Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Sunshine Project

I had to push myself to go to yoga yesterday.

It was such a beautiful day out.

Not that I was spending a ton of time outside, but was busy running around doing errands in town, cleaning the house, folding and putting away laundry.

As I lay on my yoga mat in a very small class though (I think everyone else was out enjoying the sunshine), I thought about what a long, cold, snowy, icy, miserable winter it was.

I also thought about how the weather tends to have an instant lift on our emotions. And how many of us, especially if we work FT during the day...even spend much time outdoors?

It was then that I decided why not make a new goal of getting outside for at least 15 minutes a day? Especially on those sunny days?

Take a walk in the neighborhood, sit out in the yard and read a good book....go wine tasting out east...sit on the beach...even just spend time on your front steps watching people walk by....some of these things are even free!

What are your favorite outdoor activities?

Do you want to join me in my sunshine project?

No comments:

Post a Comment