Tuesday, November 5, 2013

LMSW test prep

What part of the test prep did you dread studying? For me, it's all the different theories. I'm thinking it's probably because I don't do straight clinical/therapy work. I also honestly don't have a lot of interest in social work theory and therefore, they do not stick in my brain for very long. (And let's face it.........how often do we really hear people, professional or otherwise talking about this subject?!).

It is what it is though and it's still an important part of the exam. Any tips and tricks you social workers have taken to remember them all? The different stages and terminology especially seems so boring and becomes easily lost to me............

I should have some free time when I get to work this morning, I think I'm going to just suck it up and read through that material again..........maybe write them out old school style..........Ugh, I just want this test to be over with a passing grade not held back by these theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment