Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Gyming it

Started officially last night and I love it!

Have my 2nd session with the trainer tomorrow. At 5:30AM!

Need to be there a little earlier to do my cardio to warm up.

I also met with two trainers last night to talk about easing into a routine (their philosophy to keep you realistic and motivated) and improving my nutrition.

One of them also told me what I basically already know........if I can cut out carbs (especially bread and pasta) at least every other day combined with 30-45 minutes at the gym, I should drop 20 lbs. pretty quickly. Even within WEEKS not months.

Oh, and water. Need to totally up the water intake. He said for every cup of coffee I drink, I need to drink two cups of water after.

So we shall see. There wasn't a super sales-pitch. They are giving me another free session with a different trainer to see how I like him. But signing up with one is bank. Even more expensive than yoga, which I didn't think was possible. Need to see if this woman who teaches there is still willing to give me a few free sessions.

Have you ever paid for a trainer? Do you think it's worthwhile? Note: If I do decide to go with a trainer it would have to be very short-term because the prices he quoted me were pretty outrageous (I bet this is how they keep their monthly membership cost so low).

Small steps. Small steps.......

2 comments:

  1. Hope everything is going well with your trainer! My fiance is actually my trainer haha. He is a professional soccer player and studied sports and exercise science in college so he knows a lot about what work outs to do, what to eat, and so on. :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently started seeing a trainer and love it! I was scared of the whole situation and thought it would be too expensive but after I honestly told them I wouldnt be able to afford their normal prices, they gave me a student discount, a discount for just joining the gym, and a few others and brought the prices down. It has helped me so much and I just thought I would try to encourage others to at least try it!

    ReplyDelete