Tuesday, March 22, 2016

So I got the best news

I said a post back or so on here that I needed to let this challenge go and just focus on getting in my 3 classes a week.

And for the most part I'm fine with that. I've even done I think 3 classes since I last wrote on here.

But I got the best news since I last checked in, and the idea actually came to me on my mat.

I had been thinking how hard it is to get to class during the week. Because of my schedule I really can only make it to the 8pm.  With working FT though, and getting home almost 2 hours before, most nights the last thing I want to do is head out to yoga at 8:00 no matter how great if feels once I'm there.

I thought how amazing it would be if I could do the 6 pm more regularly. This would allow me to have time with my son at night, eat a normal dinner and go to bed at a non-ridiculous hour.  A friend at work also recently commented that I'm at work way before my shift and way after my clients leave for the day.  And even though my schedule is set by the health system I work for, I should ask about leaving early. 

So I did.

At first my supervisor said "we will have to talk about it and see".  Less than 30 minutes later I got a nice email that my schedule was changed starting yesterday, thank you for working hard and that I deserved this.

And can I just say what a difference getting out just a half hour makes! I miss all the volume of rush hour traffic, and am home in around 40 minutes.  I had time yesterday to let the dog out and chill a bit and then get to the studio with plenty of time to spare.

It's such a little thing but such an amazing difference for my life.

So as usual, I would like to thank my boss for this positive change but most of all, my mat for bringing the idea to the surface.


No comments:

Post a Comment